SAFETY AT WORK: EFFECTIVE AS OF 20 AUGUST 2009 CORRECTING THE CONSOLIDATED ACT
Legislative Decree no. 106/09 became effective on 20 August, it integrates and corrects the Consolidated Act on safety at work (Legislative Decree no. 81/08). The most significant new items include:
– review of the fining scheme;
– strengthening of joint bodies;
– introduction of “point-based licence” for construction companies;
– redefinition of the cases and timeframes where risk assessment shall be done;
– suspension of the obligation to consider work-related stress, while waiting for guidelines from the Ministry of Labour’s consultation commission, which should make a decision by 31 December 2009.