On October 20th, 2010, the Parliament has definitively approved the so called “Collegato Lavoro”, which is under publication on the Official Gazette. The definitive text is the one modified by the Senate on September 29th, 2010. Here below is a brief summary of the main news:
– arbitrate: the employee decides if to apply to an arbitrator previously and not when the dispute has already arisen. The choice may not be taken before the expiry date of the trial period, if any, or before 30 days from the employment contract signature date;
– apprenticeship from 15 years old: it is stated the chance to accomplish the last year of compulsory school (i.e. from 15 to 16 years old) through an apprenticeship contract in a company. Anyway, it is established the obligation to grant a suitable number of training hours with a tutor in favour of the apprentice;
– dismissals: dismissals shall not be impugned before an arbitrator. The employee may impugn his/her dismissal before the Court, within 60 days from the written communication receipt;
– fatiguing work: the Government is delegated to adopt an early retirement discipline for those employees who carry out fatiguing activities (minimum 57 years old and 35 years of contributions);
– optional settlement: the compulsoriness of the settlement attempt before the claim has been abolished, except for the contracts certified by the proper commissions.